here is why it appealed to me:
- i say what i think, and i write the same way that i talk. why not save some time by cutting out the middle-man, and skip the writing and just say stuff?
- i had all these clever ideas of what i would say, and how clean my house would be... (and if it wasn't clean, i would say something cute like "it's not my fault... the camera adds ten loads of laundry!"
- you all could actually see my kids' personalities in real time!
- for the avid ATATT readers, you guys would realize how difficult it is to get tom to answer any of my questions. you would feel sorry for me, and be my fan, instead of tom's.
here is why it's not actually going to work:
- i have spent almost an hour trying to access the BUILT-IN web camera on my tippytappy and i cannot.
- i have a lazy eye. okay, that isn't exactly true. in real life, i have a regularly energetic eye, but for some reason when i am on camera one eye seems a little lazy. not completely lazy, like it refuses to go anywhere, it more lags than anything else. like it just needs a powernap and it'll be back on it's top game. i don't know why this is, because in real life, it has all the energy and spot-on timing an eye could hope for... maybe it's camera-shy.
- i really didn't have any clever things to say, except that one thing about the camera adding ten loads of laundry, and after an hour of searching for my webcam, it seemed less funny. and i realized that the only funny thing about my video blog was going to be my one lackadaisical eye.
- i do not mind being ridiculous in writing. i don't even mind being ridiculous in person. but i refuse to be ridiculous on video. i will never be the girl with the video of herself (and her eye) on the internet so people can send it to their old college roommates with a caption that says "hey everyone! check out this video! she doesn't say anything clever or hysterical... so just mute it, and watch that one eye try to keep up! it's gotta be like that in real life too, for sure it's a lazy eye!" nobody will believe it is just stage fright.
so, video-blog is off the to-do list. my ego is fragile enough to avoid all that. plus, i can't access the stinkin' camera should my ego decide to toughen up a bit. it looks like for now, i will just have to be satisfied with being ridiculous in writing. and in person.