October 12, 2014

Day 11: Saturday Salon and Tom Still Wins.

#AdamsActs is all about transformation.  Choosing to do 31 Days of Kindness during a month when I would, historically, do 31 Days of Crying and Inexplicable Mood Swings, shows transformation.  I wanted to transform my expression of grief from one that sucked the life out of me, to one that was beautiful and life-giving, and also a blessing to others.  

Day 11 was also about transformation.  Not a deep and spiritual one, but hopefully one that made people feel beautiful and blessed.  For Day 11, I opened my home for free transformation via haircut.  I asked haircuttees to either participate in #AdamsActs for the day, or to make a donation ($5 maximum) which would be used in future #AdamsActs this month. (I may or may not have accepted one payment of homemade jam, because I am shameless and I love homemade jams, and I don't homemake jams, and it benefitted no one but me, and shut up about the jams and just accept me.)

I did a total of 9 haircuts.  Which, I will be honest, felt like a lot of haircuts. One of Tom's #AdamsActs for the day was putting coffee and fixin's out for the haircuttees...

I knew the day-o-cuts was getting a little long when I went to dip my comb in the cup of hot water and instead dipped it straight into my coffee.  But, it went well and everyone seemed satisfied!  Here are a few of the before and after pics from the day.

The lovely Miranda Before
After her trim and side bangs (believe it or not, I cut a couple inches off!)
The beautiful Becca Before and After we did a trim, added layers and discovered some gorgeous waves in that hair!

The adorable Madden, top left corner was Before when the last lady left a little mudflap on top... And the other two are After I cleaned it up a bit and deflapped him.

Miss Aliyah, top two are before and bottom two are the midway point after getting rid of a ton of length and reshaping...
And After the cut and final deep conditioning. 

Sweet Kailah Before...
And After trimming/reshaping those amazing curls, and a little braiding in front. 
And the fabulous Erica After...

You may have noticed that I forgot to take a before picture, so I found the closest likeness off her Facebook page. It has not been tampered with in any way. 

Erica Before I got my hands on her. 

So, as you can see, the day of free haircuts was a day of true transformation.  Tom, once again, showed me up right when I thought I had out-kinded him for the day.  I finally sat down at 6:30, realizing I hadn't eaten anything all day   except comb-stirred coffee and a piece of Finnish chocolate and he presented me with this.

Really Tom?  A platter of fine cheeses? The only thing missing was the homemade jam. 

Oh wait, what's this?  Homemade jam and a decorative spreader with little muffins on the handle?

Tom, you considerate s.o.b.


5 comments:

  1. this made me laugh and smile for so many reasons, you forgot to mention letting total strangers in to (every last nook and cranny) of your home. so thankful your husband won in your heart(that is how it is supposed to be) but you won in ours ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. And I love the new direction you're taking towards storytelling in your paintings. Instead of words and vignettes, you are zeroing in on a single moment... and doing it beautifully. The warm/cool color choices and the composition are great. And each person is a distinct individual.
    oomnex

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is by and large perceived that a critical component for possessing an effective and productive beauty parlor is the making of effect publicizing; all in all, making yourself clear to the purchasers, who at last are the leaders in regards to your prosperity! Waxing Centers in midtown Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article. SalonGeek

    ReplyDelete
  5. Likely, quite possibly the most believed manners by which you can track down the correct boutique is designated "verbal exposure". Some famous hairdressers propose that a decent procedure to track down the correct beauty parlor is to consider those ladies who have extraordinary looking hair. Hair salon midtown miami

    ReplyDelete